Creme Brulee with Fruit
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 oz sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- fresh raspberries or other fresh fruit of choice
- 4 (4 inch) pre-baked tart shells
- Mix the sugar and yolks together over a double boiler until thick.
- Set aside.
- In a pot boil the heavy cream and vanilla bean.
- Place boiled cream into sugar and yolk mixture, a little at a time so as to temper the eggs.
- Put the double boiler back on low heat and cook until thick.
- Place fruit in the bottom of the pre baked tart shells and pour the cream mixture over the top of the fruit.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then place a tbs of sugar on top and either melt the sugar with a kitchen torch or place under a broiler until browned.