Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe
|2 lbs broccoli rabe, trimmed|
|1 lb orecchiette|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil,plus extra|
|1 garlic clove|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|4 anchovy fillets, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the salt and broccoli rabe along with the pasta and cook until the pasta is just under al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until it turns golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper flakes and anchovies and cook until the anchovies begin to dissolve.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli rabe, then add them to the skillet. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Toss and serve drizzled with more olive oil.