Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe
- 2 lbs broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil,plus extra
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the salt and broccoli rabe along with the pasta and cook until the pasta is just under al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until it turns golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper flakes and anchovies and cook until the anchovies begin to dissolve.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli rabe, then add them to the skillet. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Toss and serve drizzled with more olive oil.