- 2 cups finely chopped shrimp
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix together the baking powder, flour, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the milk, eggs garlic, celery, onion and shrimp. Add the the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Using a tablespoon, drop portions of the batter mixture into the hot oil. Fry in batches until golden brown.