- 6 oz bread flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package of dried yeast
- 3/4 tbs sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Heat the milk and slowly add in the buttermilk.
- Add the yeast and sugar and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix on low until well combined with a dough hook in mixer or food processor.
- Remove dough onto a floured surface and tuck creases underneath and form a ball, then roll out.
- Cut dough into 1 and 1/2 inch squares.
- Put beignets on a greased parchment or silicone sheet atop a baking pan.
- Fill a large saucepan or deep fryer 1/3 full of oil and heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry beignets in batches until they are golden.