Spiced Fish Fry
|1/2 lb monkfish fillet|
|1/2 lb sea scallops|
|1 tsp flour|
|2 tsp ground coriander|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|1 small green bell pepper|
|1 small yellow bell pepper|
|1/2 lb tomatoes, peeled and seeded|
|2 tsp canola oil|
|1/4 lb bean sprouts|
|1/3 cup dry white wine|
|fresh cilantro, chopped to taste|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Slice the monkfish into thin strips and the scallops into thin rounds.
- Halve, seed and finely slice the peppers.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Skin the tomatoes, slice into wedges and remove seeds.
- On a plate, mix the flour and spices together. Lightly coat all the fish in this mixture.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan, add the fish and stir fry until tender and almost cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onions to the same pan and stir fry over high heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bean sprouts to the vegetables and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pan.
- Mix the wine with the cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to reduce slightly and serve over rice or noodles.