Spiced Fish Fry
- 1/2 lb monkfish fillet
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lb tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- fresh cilantro, chopped to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice the monkfish into thin strips and the scallops into thin rounds.
- Halve, seed and finely slice the peppers.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Skin the tomatoes, slice into wedges and remove seeds.
- On a plate, mix the flour and spices together. Lightly coat all the fish in this mixture.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan, add the fish and stir fry until tender and almost cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onions to the same pan and stir fry over high heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bean sprouts to the vegetables and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pan.
- Mix the wine with the cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to reduce slightly and serve over rice or noodles.