Steamed Fish Cantonese Style
- 3 lbs dressed, sea bass, striped bass or other white fleshed fish
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, shredded
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- water for steaming
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, minced
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- Wash and dry the fish, then place fish in a shallow pan.
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, ginger and sugar together in a bowl, then spread mixture over the fish.
- Place the fish on a rack of a steamer pan and add several cups of water. Bring water to a boil and cover the pan tightly.
- Lower the heat and steam the fish for about 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Place fish on a warm platter.
- Heat the oil in a small pan till very hot then pour over the fish, then sprinkle with scallions.
- Serve with rice.