Crab Meat Omelet
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbs scallions, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- a few dashes of tabasco to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt and a dash of pepper
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- Pick over the crabmeat and remove cartilage.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and saute the scallions and 1 tsp parsley. Do not let butter brown.
- Add the crabmeat, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a few dashes of tabasco, tossing with care to keep from breaking crab lumps. Reserve on low heat and prepare the omelet.
- Beat the eggs well and mix in the water, salt, pepper and a few dashes of tabasco.
- Using a 10 non-stick omelet pan and melt butter until it sizzles, then add the eggs.
- As the eggs begin to set around the sides of the pan, gently lift the edges with a spatula, allowing, uncooked egg to flow underneath. Continue this process until egg will no longer with edges are lifted and is of a jelly consistency.
- Spoon the crab meat mixture down the center of the omelet, then fold the two sides of omelet toward the center over the crab filling.
- Slide on to a warm platter and garnish with the remaining parsley.