Crab Meat Omelet
|1 cup lump crabmeat, picked over|
|2 tsp unsalted butter|
|2 tbs scallions, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|a few dashes of tabasco to taste|
|2 tbs water|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt and a dash of pepper|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
- Pick over the crabmeat and remove cartilage.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and saute the scallions and 1 tsp parsley. Do not let butter brown.
- Add the crabmeat, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a few dashes of tabasco, tossing with care to keep from breaking crab lumps. Reserve on low heat and prepare the omelet.
- Beat the eggs well and mix in the water, salt, pepper and a few dashes of tabasco.
- Using a 10 non-stick omelet pan and melt butter until it sizzles, then add the eggs.
- As the eggs begin to set around the sides of the pan, gently lift the edges with a spatula, allowing, uncooked egg to flow underneath. Continue this process until egg will no longer with edges are lifted and is of a jelly consistency.
- Spoon the crab meat mixture down the center of the omelet, then fold the two sides of omelet toward the center over the crab filling.
- Slide on to a warm platter and garnish with the remaining parsley.