- 1 lb sirloin steak cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 cubanelle chili pepper, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups french fries
- white rice as a side dish
This is a classic Peruvian dish, that is full of latin flavors.
- Season the beef with garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a saute pan add the canola oil and brown the meat and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the onion, tomato chili pepper and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and vinegar and mix well.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped cilantro and serve with french fries and white rice.