|1 lb sirloin steak cut into thin slices|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs canola oil|
|1 small red onion, cut into thick slices|
|2 plum tomatoes, cut into thick slices|
|1 cubanelle chili pepper, seeded and cut into thin slices|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1/3 cup beef stock|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2 cups french fries|
|white rice as a side dish|
This is a classic Peruvian dish, that is full of latin flavors.
- Season the beef with garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a saute pan add the canola oil and brown the meat and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the onion, tomato chili pepper and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and vinegar and mix well.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped cilantro and serve with french fries and white rice.