Maple Syrup Barbecued Chicken
- 1 whole roasting chicken (3-5 lbs)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp barbecue dry rub seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper
- Combine the maple syrup, ketchup and barbecue seasoning. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook, basting frequently for 1 and 1/2 hours or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through.