Roast Pork Sandwich with Provolone and Broccoli Rabe
|1 (3lb) pork shoulder or pork butt|
|8 cloves garlic|
|1 lb broccoli rabe|
|1 lb sharp provolone cheese|
|4 (9inch) sub rolls|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste.|
- To cook the pork, cut slits evenly around the pork and insert the garlic cloves.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper all over and rub in.
- Place the pork in a large baking pan on along with about 3 cups of water.
- Place in a preheated 300 degree oven and cook for about 5-6 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Using several forks shred the pork, and discard any fat if any.
- Add 1 tbs of the olive oil along with 1 crushed clove of garlic and saute the broccoli rabe for about 3 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the sandwiches add about 1/2 lb of the pork along with 1/4 of the broccoli rabe and 1/4 lb of the provolone cheese.