Jamaican Mango Ice
- 2 cups mango puree
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg white
- Mix the mango puree with the lime juice.
- Simmer the sugar and water together for 5 minutes to make a syrup. Cool.
- Add the mango puree, mixing throughly.
- Beat the egg white until it stands in peaks.
- Fold into the mango mixture.
- Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Every half hour during the freezing process, stir the mixture, scraping into the center the ice crystals that form around the edges.
- The finished ice should have a snowy texture.