Squash Blossom Soup
- 1 lb squash blossoms, reserve 8 of the choicest blossoms for garnish (about 60 blossoms)
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 and 1/2- to 2 lbs of baby zucchini and yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbs cilantro, chopped
- Separate the blossoms from the squash.
- Peal and chop the zucchini or squash.
- Add the butter to a large saucepan and using medium heat add the scallions and saute for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the squash blossoms the zucchini or squash along with the stock.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce the mixture to about half.
- Allow the soup to cool, then add to the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You may chill the soup covered for at least 1 hour or you may serve warm.
- When ready to serve, garnish each bowl with a squash blossom.