Squash Blossom Soup
|1/2 lb squash blossoms|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced|
|1 and 1/2 quarts chicken stock|
|1 1/2 lb yellow squash, chopped|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbs cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|button mushrooms, thinly sliced for garnish|
|croutons for garnish|
- Separate the blossoms from the squash, if attached
- Peal and chop the squash.
- Add the butter to a large saucepan and using medium heat add the scallions and saute for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the squash blossoms the squash along with the stock.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce the mixture to about half.
- Allow the soup to cool, then add to the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You may chill the soup covered for at least 1 hour or you may serve warm.
- When ready to serve, garnish each bowl with a squash blossom.