The Godfather Sub Sandwich
|1 (12-18 inch) Italian sub roll|
|1/4 lb salami|
|1/4 lb pepperoni|
|1/4 lb mortadella|
|1/4 lb sopressata|
|1/2 lb provolone|
|Shredded lettuce, about 1 and 1/2 cups|
|1 tbs oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/8 cup red wine vinegar|
This is the sub sandwich to top all sub sandwiches.
- To construct the sandwich, cut the sub roll almost all the way through, lengthwise.
- Add the sliced meats evenly on the roll.
- Top with the sliced provolone cheese.
- Add the shredded lettuce evenly over the meats and cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil along with the red wine vinegar and oregano. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce, the top with the top half of the bread.