The Godfather Sub Sandwich
- 1 (12-18 inch) Italian sub roll
- 1/4 lb salami
- 1/4 lb pepperoni
- 1/4 lb mortadella
- 1/4 lb sopressata
- 1/2 lb provolone
- Shredded lettuce, about 1 and 1/2 cups
- 1 tbs oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
This is the sub sandwich to top all sub sandwiches.
- To construct the sandwich, cut the sub roll almost all the way through, lengthwise.
- Add the sliced meats evenly on the roll.
- Top with the sliced provolone cheese.
- Add the shredded lettuce evenly over the meats and cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil along with the red wine vinegar and oregano. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce, the top with the top half of the bread.