Baja Cumin Idaho Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Ted Hill, chef Hyatt Regency Irvine Ca.
- 4 Idaho potatoes, washed and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, diced, 1/4 inch
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- fresh lime juice, 1/4 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 oz Cotija cheese (available at Latin markets)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Blanche potatoes in boiling water.
- Heat butter in a large saute pan and add all three bell peppers, onion and jalapeno.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked potatoes, cumin, garlic, onion powder. Stir frequently until potatoes are browned.
- Add lime juice over potatoes.
- Fold in cilantro and tomato, taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Top with Cotija cheese and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Recipe and photo are courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission