Cucumber Salmon Watercress Sandwiches
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbs finely chopped cucumber
- 3 oz smoked Nova Scotia salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp trimmed, minced watercress
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 1/2 cup trimmed, minced watercress
- Add cream cheese to a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down sides.
- Add cucumber and the next 5 ingredients and process until well blended.
- Cut 2 rounds out of each bread slice, using a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly on half of the bread rounds.
- Top with remaining bread rounds.
- Carefully spread the cut outer edges of the sandwiches with butter.
- Dip edges in 1/2 cup of the minced watercress to coat.
- Cover and chill.