Haddock and Sour Cream Gratin
- 3/4 lb haddock fillet
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Skin the haddock if necessary and chop roughly.
- Using a heatproof casserole dish large enough to place the fish in a single layer, add the butter and melt under a broiler.
- Add the fish to the dish and turn in the butter. Broil for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Chop the tomatoes and mix with the sour cream, herbs, shreeded cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the fish and cook under the broiler until bubbling.