Grilled Salmon Steaks in Citrus Dressing
|6 tbs canola oil|
|4 salmon steaks, about 6 oz each|
|grated rind and juice of 1 lime|
|2 tbs orange juice|
|1 tsp honey|
|1 green cardamom pod|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|mixed salad leaves for serving|
- Whisk together 4 tbs of the oil, grated lime rind, 2 tbs lime juice, orange juice and honey.
- Extract the seeds from the cardamom pod and crush them, then add to the dressing.
- Place the salmon steaks in a shallow, non metallic dish and pour over the lime and honey dressing.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the salmon steaks from the marinade and brush with the remaining oil.
- Grill or broil for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, put the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil and keep warm over low heat.
- Serve the salmon steaks with the marinade as a warm dressing.
- Garnish with lime slices and mixed salad leaves.