Italian Potato Salad
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs each fresh oregano and chopped basil leaves.
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 medium potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced fennel
- 1 cup sliced red onion (soaked in cold water)
- 1/4 cup pitted oil cured black or green olives
- 3/4 lb hot Italian sausage, cooked and thinly sliced
- 6 cups washed arugula or field greens.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Chop potatoes into 1-inch cubes and place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and broth in a cut, then drizzle over the potatoes.
- Add the fennel red onion, olives and sausage to the bowl and gently combine well.
- Pour dressing over mixture and gently stir.
- Serve over salad greens.
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Council