Shrimp with Tomatoes and Hot Peppers
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small dried red pepper, seeded and crushed
- 1 (12 oz) can plum tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Place a large sauce pan over high heat and add the oil.
- When hot, add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Stir in red pepper and tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil, and using a potato masher, crush the tomatoes.
- Reduce the sauce by half.
- Add the shrimp and cook for several minutes until pink.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the parsley.
- Serve over rice.