Spiced Sesame Bars
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Sift together, flour, salt, soda and spices, then set aside.
- Beat egg and gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in butter, then add the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle half the sesame seeds over the bottom of a greased 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Pour in batter and top with remaining sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until set.