Chinese Chicken Salad with Honey Sesame Crisps
- 1/2 package of rice sticks, broken into 3 inch pieces (available at Asian markets)
- oil for frying
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced on the bias
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into julienne
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
Chinese honey dressing:
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
Honey sesame crisps:
- 4 pita breads
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Deep fry rice sticks in small batches. They will puff in only a few seconds.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the rice sticks.
- To make the dressing combine ingredients in a jar, cover and shake to combine well.
- Pour the honey dressing over salad and toss along with the rice sticks and serve with the honey sesame crisps.
- To make the honey sesames crisps, split pita breads.
- Combine the butter and honey and spread of each half of the pita.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then place under a broiler and toast for about 1 minute or until slightly browned.