Cheesy Vegetable Baked Casserole
|2 tbs olive oil|
|4 cloves minced garlic|
|2 small to medium eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 small zucchini, sliced|
|1 small yellow summer squash|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped|
|2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and saute for several minutes, then add the egg plant and cook until soft. About another 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cooked eggplant in the bottom of an un-greased 9×13 pan.
- Layer the zucchini,summer squash and mushrooms on top of the eggplant, sprinkling Parmesan cheese between the layers.
- Use the tomatoes for the final layer and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until bubbly and brown on the top.
- You may need to cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning.