New Mexican Green Tomatillo Chile Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 lbs tomatillos
- 6 green poblano peppers
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 2 Serrano peppers
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
This sauce is perfect for spreading over enchiladas tacos or for a dip with tortilla chips.
- Peel and wash the tomatillos and boil until soft. About 20 minutes.
- While the tomatillos are cooking, roast the fresh peppers in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Place in a bag or wrap in foil to steam for about 15 minutes, then remove the skin and the inner seeds and discard.
- Set the peppers aside.
- When the tomatillos are done, drain and place in a food processor along with the garlic.
- Add the cooked peppers, lime juice, cumin and salt.
- Blend briefly to give a chunky consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and cumin if desired.