Devils on Horseback
- 8 slices bacon
- 12 pitted prunes
- 12 oysters, shelled or bottled
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Soak 24 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut each piece of bacon into 3 equal pieces.
- Wrap a portion of the bacon around each prune and secure with a skewer.
- Remove the oysters from their shells, or drain from the bottling liquid.
- Sprinkle lightly with Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper.
- Wrap each oyster with bacon and secure with a toothpick as before.
- Cook over charcoal or under a broiler, turning occasionally until bacon is crisp.
- Place on a platter and serve.