Devils on Horseback
|8 slices bacon|
|12 pitted prunes|
|12 oysters, shelled or bottled|
|2 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|Tabasco sauce to taste|
|Black pepper to taste|
- Soak 24 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut each piece of bacon into 3 equal pieces.
- Wrap a portion of the bacon around each prune and secure with a skewer.
- Remove the oysters from their shells, or drain from the bottling liquid.
- Sprinkle lightly with Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper.
- Wrap each oyster with bacon and secure with a toothpick as before.
- Cook over charcoal or under a broiler, turning occasionally until bacon is crisp.
- Place on a platter and serve.