Parmesan Summer Squash Saute
- 2 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large, ripe tomato, cut into chunks
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbs fresh parsley for garnish
- Saute the squash and onion in butter, until lightly browned. About 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes or until vegetables reach the desired tenderness.
- Remove vegetables to a serving platter, then garnish with a little more Parmesan and fresh parsley.