Halibut with Fennel and Creamy Spinach Sauce
|6 halibut fillets, about 4-6 (oz) each|
|6 tbs butter|
|4 tbs ap flour|
|1 (10 oz) pkg, frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 tsp ground nutmeg|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|1 tsp fennel seed|
|1/4 cup onion, minced|
|1 and 1/4 cups plain yogurt|
|1 fresh fennel top, feathery part only|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter, then stir in the flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, then stir in the spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, fennel seed and onion.
- Stir and cook just until heated.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the yogurt.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil, then spoon in the spinach mixture.
- Place the Halibut fillets over the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fennel fronds on top of the fish, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until cooked through and flakes easily.