- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
These tomatoes are absolutely delicious and are wonderful served whole with a crisp salad.
- Place tomatoes in a deep bowl.
- In a jar combine remaining ingredients, shake well then pour over the tomatoes.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight, spooning dressing over occasionally.
- At serving time, drain off dressing and garnish with more fresh parsley and additional salt and pepper if desired.