- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stalks off of the fennel, slice the bulbs in half lengthwise, then cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix together buttermilk, olive oil, mustard and lime juice.
- Add fennel into mix along with salt and pepper.
- Spread fennel in a single layer onto a baking sheet coated with non stick spray.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until fennel begins to caramelize.