|2 medium fennel bulbs|
|1/4 cup buttermilk|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp lime juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|non stick cooking spray|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stalks off of the fennel, slice the bulbs in half lengthwise, then cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix together buttermilk, olive oil, mustard and lime juice.
- Add fennel into mix along with salt and pepper.
- Spread fennel in a single layer onto a baking sheet coated with non stick spray.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until fennel begins to caramelize.