Herb Pancakes with Avocado Butter
|1/2 cup plain flour|
|1/2 cup self rising flour|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/4 cup mixed herbs|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Sift the flours into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Gradually add the combined egg, milk, herbs, salt and pepper, whisking until the batter is smooth and free of lumps
- Heat a frying pan and brush with melted butter.
- Drop teaspoons of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on top.
- When the tops of the pancakes begin to bubble, turn and cook until golden underneath. Keep warm.
- For the avocado butter, mix avocado, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl until very smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Spread on top of the pancakes and garnish with some lemon zest.