Italian Caprese Salad
|2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices|
|1/4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices.|
|8-10 large basil leaves|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|red wine vinegar|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a classic Italian salad of ripe tomatoes, mozzarella, basil leaves and olive oil. Simple but delicious.
- Cut each tomato into 4 even slices.
- Place 2 tomato slices side by side on each of 4 salad plates.
- cut cheese slice into quarters that are more or less triangular.
- Put a triangle of cheese on each tomato slice.
- Top with basil leaves, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.