Pan Sauteed Zucchini and Squash with Mushrooms
|3 small zucchini|
|1 medium yellow summer squash|
|2 tbs canola or peanut oil|
|3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|3 tbs white wine|
|3 tbs whipping cream|
- Cut the squashes into matchsticks or grate them.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute the garlic and onion until barely tender.
- Add the squashes and mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper and saute for a few minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the cream and white wine and cook for several minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pan and place in bowls, then top with Parmesan cheese and serve.