Pan Sauteed Zucchini and Squash with Mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 2 tbs canola or peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs white wine
- 3 tbs whipping cream
- Cut the squashes into matchsticks or grate them.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute the garlic and onion until barely tender.
- Add the squashes and mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper and saute for a few minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the cream and white wine and cook for several minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pan and place in bowls, then top with Parmesan cheese and serve.