Peanut Butter Pound Cake with Chocolate Icing
|1 cup butter, softened|
|1 cup creamy peanut butter|
|3 cups sugar|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
|3 cups cake flour|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 cup milk|
|12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
This is the best pound cake that you will ever have.
- Lightly grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Add the sugar and beat until lightly in color.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Mix the batter until smooth and creamy. Pour into the cake pan.
- Place the pan in a preheated 325 degree oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes before turning on a rack to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing; Place the chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan until boiling.
- Pour over chocolate chips and stir until creamy and smooth.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Brush any loose crumbs from the cake.
- Place the cooling rack on a clean baking sheet to catch the drips.
- Pour the icing evenly over the cake.
- Move the cake rack to another clean baking sheet.
- Scrape the drips for the first baking sheet, reheat and pour over the cake.