Trout with Lemon Horseradish Cream Parsnips and Kale
|4 whole trout, cleaned, head and tail on (your may remove if desired)|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|3 tbs fresh or prepared horseradish, grated|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|2 tbs shallots, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 cup,plus 2 tbs butter|
|1 lb parsnips peeled and thinly sliced|
|3 sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 lb fresh kale, rinsed, stemmed and roughly chopped|
|1/4 lb prosciutto,sliced into long threads|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- To make the lemon horseradish cream, combine the sour cream, horseradish, parsley, 1 tbs shallots and the lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the parsnips, in a frying pan over medium heat combine 2 tbs of butter, add the parsnips and thyme, salt and pepper and cook stirring frequently for 20 to 25 minutes or until the parsnips have colored and almost become crispy.
- As the parsnips are coking preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Rinse and dry the fish, then season inside and out with salt and pepper. You may have to cook the fish two at a time or in two separate pans.
- Melt the remaining 2 tbs of butter in each pan and when bubbly lay in the fish.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once until skin is beginning to brown. when fish begins to flake easily it is done.
- Transfer fish to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
- To make the kale in a large saute or sauce pan, heat the olive oil with the remaining shallots over medium heat.
- When the oil gets hot add the kale along with 2 tbs of water.
- Gently toss the kale to coat.
- Once the kale has wilted continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the prosciutto and season with salt and pepper.
- Drape the trout with the horseradish cream.
- Remove from kale from heat and serve with the trout and parsnips.