Easy Chocolate Mousse with Peppermint
|1 and 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips|
|3 tbs sugar|
|2/3 cups whole milk|
|3 large egg whites|
|1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies|
- In a blender combine chocolate, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In a small sauce pan, bring milk to a simmer, then transfer to a blender.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add egg whites and peppermint extract and blend on high until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide evenly among four 6 oz dessert cups and chill until just set. About 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving beat the cream until soft peaks form and add a dollop to each cup then sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s Every Day Food