Shrimp Stuffed with Italian Sausage
|16 peeled and deveined raw shrimp, tails off|
|6 ozs Italian sausage crumbled (about 2 links)|
|2 cloves garlic, minced and divided|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 tbs oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry|
|1 tbs balsamic vinegar|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with kitchen parchment.
- Arrange shrimp on the baking sheet with all of the shrimp facing in the same direction to create a series of C’s.
- Remove the casings from the sausage then place as small mound of the sausage in the center of each shrimp and press down so that the shrimp and the sausage filling make a solid round.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbs of the olive oil with half of the garlic and all of the oregano.
- Sprinkle the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper,then brush the oil mixture over the shrimp and sausage.
- Bake the stuffed shrimp until they are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor combine the red peppers, the remaining tbs of oil, the remaining garlic, the vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a small sauce pan and heat until just hot.
- Arrange the shrimp on a platter,then drizzle each with some sauce.