Stuffed Turkey Breast
- 1 boneless, skin on turkey breast (4 lbs)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh sage, chopped
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3//4 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 6 tbs apricot jam, divided plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
This is an easy to prepare boneless turkey breast stuffed with herbs and Italian sausage.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place turkey skin side up on a work surface.
- Using the palms of your hands and keeping skin intact, flatten turkey to an even thickness.
- Gently slide your fingers under the skin to loosen it, creating a pocket.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, sage, and zest, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer half the mixture to a separate bowl and add the sausage, 4 tbs of jam, and the bread crumbs.
- Stir to combine, the spread the sausage mixture under the skin.
- Flip the turkey over and coat with the remaining herb mixture.
- Fold the short sides of the breast into the middle, flip and place on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan lined with foil.
- Rub skin with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Uncover, brush skin with remaining 2 tbs of jam, and cook until skin is brown and an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees, 15 o 20 minutes more.
- Recover with foil is skin begins to get too dark.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional jam.