- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 5 tbs flour
- 5 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This recipe takes Cauliflower to a whole new level, creamy with milk and Gruyere cheese.
- Cook 5 tbs, each of flour and unsalted butter in a medium pot over medium heat, whisking until foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in 4 cups of milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add 8 cups of cauliflower florets and cook stirring occasinally, until tender, about 8-12 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese, then season with salt and pepper.
- Top with 1/2 cup toasted panko bread crumbs and serve warm.