Ginger Glazed Carrots
|2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|1/2 cup water|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 tbs sherry vinegar|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious vegetarian side dish. The carrots are glazed with ginger, butter sugar and sherry vinegar.
- Cook the carrots in the 1/2 cup of water in a large skillet, covered , over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add 2 tbs unsalted butter, 1 tbs fresh ginger and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid coats the carrots, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbs butter and 1 tbs sherry vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.