Ginger Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a delicious vegetarian side dish. The carrots are glazed with ginger, butter sugar and sherry vinegar.
- Cook the carrots in the 1/2 cup of water in a large skillet, covered , over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add 2 tbs unsalted butter, 1 tbs fresh ginger and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid coats the carrots, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbs butter and 1 tbs sherry vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.