Crab and Shrimp Nachos
|2 tsp olive oil|
|1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off|
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|3 tsp garlic|
|3 tsp cumin|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on a bias|
|1 bag of tortilla chips|
|3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|3/4 cups jalapenos, pickled and sliced|
|1/2 cup cilantro|
These are delicious shrimp and jumbo lump crab nachos in a creamy sour cream sauce with garlic, peppers, scallions and cilantro.
- Add the oil to a nonstick saute pan, add the shrimp and using medium heat saute the shrimp until pink. About 3 minutes.
- Allow the shrimp to cool.
- Add the shrimp, crab meat, garlic and sour cream to a large bowl along with the sliced scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix well taking care not to break up the lump crab meat
- Spread the chips on a foil covered baking sheet, then evenly spoon the crab and shrimp mixture over the chips.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and jalapenos.
- Place pan under a broiler and melt the cheese, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the nachos to an attractive platter then sprinkle with cilantro.