- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Quinoa was a staple of the ancient Incas who referred to it as the other grain. Quinoa contains more protein than any other grain and it contains all eight essential amino acids. It is super healthy and wonderfully delicious.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, add quinoa with beaten eggs, Parmesan cheese, chives, garlic, salt pepper to taste.
- Form into patties, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place on a platter, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add olive oil to a saute pan, and using medium heat saute the patties until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve with a green salad.