Marinated Mushrooms with Shrimp and Black Olives
- 1 lb fresh small button mushrooms
- 1/2 lb small cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1 cup black olives
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- butter lettuce cups or salad greens for serving
This is an easy and delicious way to prepare mushrooms and shrimp. They are marinated in olive oil, red wine vinegar, shallots, garlic and Dijon mustard and served atop butter lettuce. Alternatively the can be added to mixed greens and served as a salad.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and cut off the tough stems
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add the, mushrooms, shrimp and olives to a large covered glass or ceramic or glass bowl, the pour the dressing over.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, stirring several times every 30 minutes.
- To serve divide the mushroom mixture among butter lettuce cups or add the mixture to mixed salad greens.