- 1 lb fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs fresh dill, chopped or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
These mushrooms are bathed in sour cream and sherry, and can be used by them self, or as a sauce for meats and other vegetables.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth, then cut off the tough stems and slice.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter until foaming.
- Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms and saute quickly, shaking the pan frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add lemon juice and cook for a few minutes more,
- Pour in the sherry, add the dill and cook until the liquid is almost completely reduced.
- Stir in the sour cream, mix well and bring just to a simmer, do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a serving dish, then sprinkle with paprika.