Potato and Bacon Omelet
|6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled|
|8 large eggs|
|5 strips bacon, cooked slightly crispy and crumbled|
|1 large red onion, sliced thinly|
|1/2 green bell pepper, finely minced|
|1/2 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, finely minced|
|3 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|4 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp red pepper flakes|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This Omelet contains Yukon gold potatoes, crispy bacon, red and green bell pepper and red onion.
- Add potatoes to a large sauce pan and cover with cold water.
- Cover pan and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling remove cover and boil for about 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a cast iron skillet add the bacon and cook using medium heat until slightly crispy. Drain on paper towels, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Drain some of the bacon fat from the pan and add the onions and gently cook until slightly caramelized. About 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper and saute for another 3 minutes or so. Add the red pepper flakes
- Slice the potatoes into thin rounds.
- Beat the eggs, then pour half of them into the skillet, then add the potatoes and sprinkle the bacon over evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the rest of the eggs, the garnish with parsley.
- Cover the skillet and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.