Roasted Red Pepper Horseradish Sauce
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 tbs prepared horseradish
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a wonderful sauce that is perfect for sandwiches or spread over grilled meats. It contains roasted bell peppers, garlic and horseradish. It has a spicy kick.
- Char the red peppers over a gas flame on all sides until blackened or char under a broiler, turning several times until the skin is blackened.
- Once the skin of the peppers is blackened, place then in a large zip lock bag and seal for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the bag and the blackened skin will remove easily.
- Halve the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Chop the roasted peppers into chunks and place in a food processor.
- Add the garlic and horseradish to the food processor along with a little salt and pepper.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to form a smooth sauce. Add a little more oil if necessary.
- Use to spread on sandwiches or over roasted meats.