Tropical Chicken Salad
- Tropical dressing (recipe follows)
- 4 cups cubed chicken breast
- 3/4 cup celery, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- butter lettuce leaves
- Strawberries, kiwi fruit and toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- pastry cups for serving
This is a delicious chicken salad with celery, green grapes, macadamia nuts, strawberries, kiwi fruit and toasted coconut flakes. The dressing is also very special.
Tropical Salad Dressing:
- Combine the chicken, celery, grapes and nuts in a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Mound chicken salad on lettuce lined platter or on individual plates.
- Garnish with strawberries, kiwi fruit and coconut flakes.
- To make the tropical salad dressing, place 1/2 cup cream of coconut, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 1 tsp dry mustard, kosher salt and black pepper to taste, 1 clove of garlic in a food processor and with the processor on slowly add 1 cup of vegetable or canola oil and process until smooth.