Corn Soup with Red Pepper Zucchini Relish
|1 cup red bell pepper, diced|
|1/2 cup zucchini|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs lime juice|
|1/8 tsp cumin|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
|2 cups frozen or canned corn|
|1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth|
|1/2 cup evaporated milk|
|2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious corn soup flavored with lime, cumin, turmeric top with a red pepper zucchini relish.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini, parsley, lime juice and cumin to a food processor, then pulse several times until a relish consistency is formed. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan and the olive and using medium heat add the onions and saute until the onions are softened.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve topped with a tbs full of the relish.