- 1 lb of chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 lb of chicken thigh meat, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup chutney, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 hot red peppers, sliced thinly on a bias or 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked coconut
- Fresh fruits and red leaf lettuce for garnish
This Indian inspired salad is full of far east flavors of curry, coconut and yogurt.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and using a wooden spoon mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with a variety of fruits, such as banana, papaya, peach, pear, melon or pineapple.