Marinated Grilled Swordfish with Mango Relish
|4 swordfish steaks|
|For the Marinade:|
|1/4 cup sesame oil|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1-2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro, tough stems removed and chopped|
|For the Mango Relish:|
|1 mango, skinned and finely diced|
|2 tbs red onion|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped|
|juice and zest of 1 lime|
This swordfish is marinated in ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce garlic and cilantro, grilled over hot charcoal and served with a spicy mango relish.
- Place the swordfish steaks in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl, then pour over the swordfish.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Meanwhile assemble the mango relish in a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill the swordfish over hot charcoal, turning once until desired doneness is reached. Fish should flake easily with a fork. Do not over cook.
- Serve the swordfish with some of the mango relish spooned over.