Turkey Zucchini Lasagna
|3 lbs zucchini|
|2 tbs oregano|
|1 tbs Italian seasoning|
|1 lb ground turkey|
|1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 (36 oz) jar marinara sauce|
|1 lb ricotta cheese|
|1 cup fresh spinach|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a lasagna with ground turkey, Parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta and spinach.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel zucchini and slice lengthwise into long noodles, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Line baking sheets with foil, then lay zucchini slices in a single layer and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the zucchini is no longer moist and there is a bit of browning.
- While the zucchini bakes, cook the ground turkey over medium high heat with a little oil and 1 tsp of oregano, salt and pepper..
- Combine the Parmesan and mozzarella along with the rest of the oregano and Italian seasoning.
- Spread some of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a glass baking dish and sprinkle with some of the seasoning and top with a layer of ricotta.
- Add a layer of turkey, seasoning, Parmesan and mozzarella mixture, and zucchini.
- Repeat adding ingredients in layers, and finally top with marinara sauce the the Parmesan and mozzarella mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until nicely browned.