Mexican Deviled Eggs
|6 large eggs|
|1/2 ripe avocado, chopped|
|3 tbs mayonnaise|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice|
|1 jalapeno pepper, minced|
|1 scallion, minced|
|2 tbs cilantro, finely chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|paprika and lemon slices for garnish|
These deviled eggs are flavored with lime juice, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Add the eggs to a sauce pan filled with cold water and bring to a boil.
- As soon as water boils, turn off the heat and cover. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour off the hot water and run cold water over the eggs until cooled.
- To remove the shells place several eggs at a time in a saucepan, cover and shake back and forth for about 30 seconds. You will find that the shells come off very easily.
- Slice the eggs in half and gently remove the yolks and place in a bowl along with all of the other ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Using a pastry bag or teaspoon place an even amount of the yolk mixture in each egg half.
- Garnish each egg half with paprika.
- Serve on a platter with lemon slices and salad greens if desired.